To move Active Directory to new a new computer or VM with minimal disruption for your users, use the following checklist:
- Review the requirements for installing U-Move.
- Install and run U-Move in demonstration mode. This will let you become familiar with how U-Move works.
- Review the network configuration, especially DNS.
- Do a test move on a test computer.
- Prepare the destination computer.
- Review any applications that you need to move.
- On the source computer, run U-Move to take a snapshot of Active Directory.
- Transfer the .BKF file or the backup tape/media to the destination computer. Turn off the source computer and disconnect it from the network.
- Run U-Move on the destination computer. Load Active Directory into the destination computer.
- Check the result and troubleshoot any network problems.
- Clean up and uninstall U-Move.
See also Topics to Review.
|U-Move for Active Directory|