Need to Create a Global Catalog
When upgrading to a new domain controller, if the old domain controller was an Active Directory Global Catalog (GC) server, then the new domain controller should also be a GC server.
If the new DC is not a GC server, U-Move will display an error message and advise you to add a Global Catalog to the new domain controller.
How To Fix This Error
To add a global catalog to the new domain controller, use the following procedure:
- On the new domain controller press WIN+R.
- In the Open box type dssite.msc and click OK. This will open Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Double-click on Sites. Then double-click on the site name (typically Default-First-Site-Name).
- Double-click on Servers. Click on the name of the new domain controller.
- Right-click on NTDS Settings and then select Properties.
- On the General tab, check the box for Global Catalog. Click on OK.
- Inspect the Event Log under Directory Services to verify that the Global Catalog was created successfully. It may take several minutes.
Note: You must reboot the domain controller for the change to take affect.
|U-Move for Active Directory|