Select the Basic Task
When you start U-Move you will be shown a list of possible tasks to perform. To begin, click on one of the tabs at the top.
Select one of the following basic tasks:
- Back up Active Directory to a snapshot file (.BKF).
- Restore Active Directory from a previous backup snapshot.
- Schedule an automatic backup of Active Directory on a daily or weekly schedule.
- Clone Active Directory to a replacement computer, VM, or cloud service provider. The new computer must have the same version of Windows Server.
- Upgrade Active Directory to a replacement computer (or VM) that has a newer version of Windows Server (“swing migration”).
- Undo the most recent restore or clone operation.
Select the choice that best matches the task that you are trying to do.
To run U-Move on a remote computer, click on Connect (upper-left). You must have Administrator rights on the remote computer.
|U-Move for Active Directory|