What's New in U-Move 2.9
U-Move 2.9 adds support for the Active Directory Recovery Service. It also adds support for Microsoft SQL Server 2022 and fixes compatibility with AI-based third-party antivirus software.
What's New in U-Move 2.8
U-Move 2.8 adds support for Windows Server 2022.
It also supports Windows 10 security features such as Controlled Folder Access (CFA) and mandatory SHA-2, and it improves AD recovery capability for previous versions of Windows Server (2008 R2-2019).
What's New in U-Move 2.7
U-Move 2.7 adds support for Windows Server 2019. It also adds the ability to encrypt the Active Directory backup snapshot file. It improves robustness for older versions of Windows Server (2003-2016).
What's New in U-Move 2.6
U-Move 2.6 adds awareness of the new virtualization and security features added in Windows Server 2016 Build 14393:
- Secure Boot
- Trusted Protection Module (TPM)
- Virtual Secure Mode (VSM)
- Credential Guard
- Code Integrity Policy
- Hyper-V Containers
Version 2.6 also improves robustness and adds additional documentation for previous versions of Windows Server (2012, 2008, 2003).
What's New in U-Move 2.5
U-Move 2.5 gives you new ways to recover Active Directory from a disk snapshot of C:\ (Volume Shadow Copy) or from a read-only image of a dead disk.
What's New in U-Move 2.4
U-Move 2.4 adds support for Windows Server 2016 and Exchange 2016.
What's New in U-Move 2.3
U-Move 2.3 adds support for cloud migration and new options to selectively copy Internet addresses. This makes it easier than ever to clone Active Directory to a cloud service provider (CSP) or to your test lab.
U-Move version 2.3 also adds support for moving Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and moving Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
What's New in U-Move 2
U-Move Version 2 adds support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
New Feature: Active Directory Upgrade
U-Move 2 allows you to move Active Directory to a new replacement computer (or VM) that is running a newer version of Windows server. This is sometimes called a “swing migration”. U-Move 2 will guide you through an easy step-by-step procedure to configure the new server to replace the old domain controller (DC).
U-Move will help you move your DNS zones, FSMO roles, and other system settings in your AD configuration. It will perform over 200 different automatic tests to analyze your AD configuration to advise you of any potential problems that might prevent you from successfully completing the swing migration.
New Features in U-Move 2
U-Move 2 includes the following new features:
- Add support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including disaster recovery capability.
- Schedule automatic daily backups of Active Directory on all your domain controllers from one central location.
- Clone Active Directory to a test lab computer or replacement server (or VM) with better speed and reliability.
- Upgrade Active Directory by swapping in a replacement domain controller that is running a newer version of Windows Server (swing migration).
- Verify the configuration of your domain controller with improved diagnostics. U-Move 2 adds hundreds of new tests to check AD, SYSVOL, Group Policy, network settings, DNS, NTP, IIS, Exchange, and more, all with significantly improved error detection and reporting capability.
- Undo all changes made to Active Directory, with full rollback capability.
- Remotely perform all operations from your desktop PC.
|U-Move for Active Directory|