Warning: Controlled Folder Access is enabled
Controlled Folder Access (CFA) is security feature in Microsoft Windows that blocks the modification of certain files on your computer by ransomware or other malicious apps.
When U-Move loads Active Directory it needs to load several files into the computer. These files include the Active Directory database (NTDS.DIT), cryptographic keys, other security-related files. Controlled Folder Access blocks the loading of some of these files.
How to Fix This Error
To fix this error you need to allow U-Move to load files through Controlled Folder Access:
- Hold down the Windows Logo key and press I to open the Settings panel.
- Click on Update and Security -> Windows Security (left).
- Click on the button Open Windows Security. Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Find Virus & threat protection settings and click on the blue link Manage settings.
- Scroll down to Controlled folder access and click on the blue link Manage Controlled folder access.
- Click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access
- Press the button + Add an allowed app and select Browse all apps.
- Find the U-Move app and click on it (
As an alternative procedure, you can temporarily turn off Controlled Folder Access before you load Active Directory. You can turn CFA back on again after you have loaded Active Directory.
Overriding the Warning Message
You should not override this warning message unless instructed by U-Tools Technical Support.
Backing up Active Directory
You do not need to turn off Controlled Folder Access when you back up Active Directory. This is because creating a backup with U-Move is always safe.
|U-Move for Active Directory|