To schedule an AD Recovery session using Google Meet use the following steps:
- Go to Google Meet and select New Meeting.
- Select Schedule in Google Calendar or Create a meeting for later.
- If you are using Google Calendar, set the meeting title to AD Recovery and set the date and time to your scheduled appointment time. Under Guests add service＠u-tools.com. Click on Save.
- Copy the ID for joining the meeting (Example: meet.google.com/abc-defg-hij) into an e-mail message and send it to service＠u-tools.com.
- At the scheduled time, open your browser and begin the meeting. Select Present.
- Under Choose what to share select Entire Screen.
- When the AD Recovery session begins, record the meeting (recommended).
- Use your usual method to access your server from your desktop PC: Microsoft Remote Desktop, VM console, etc.
- (Optional) If you want us to run U-Move for you, temporarily grant control of your screen:
- Add the Chrome Remote Desktop extension to your Chrome browser.
- Visit https://remotedesktop.google.com and click on Share my screen.
- Select Share this screen. Install chromeremotedesktophost.msi if prompted.
- Click on Generate Code.
- Send the code using Google Meet chat. (The code expires after 5 minutes.)
- After the service is finished, change any passwords used during the session.
See also Instructions for Service Request