In addition to restoring the Active Directory database, a comprehensive restore will reload additional data outside of Active Directory that is connected to AD.
A comprehensive restore is required to move AD to a new computer.
The additional data includes the following:
- The Internet address settings
- The Domain Name Server (DNS) database and settings
- The SYSVOL Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) database and settings (C:\System Volume Information\DFSR\*)
- Machine and System Certificates
- The private cryptographic keys for AD
- The private key for the EFS recovery agent
- The DSRM recovery password
- File security and registry security settings
- Optional application databases that are related to Active Directory, including AD FS, Certificate Services, COM+, DHCP, IIS, SharePoint, WINS, WSUS, and Exchange.
The additional data files are located in C:\Windows, C:\Users, and C:\ProgramData.
|U-Move for Active Directory|