Example: Create a weekly scheduled task for restore points
In this example, you will create an XML script that will create a automatic task for setting a restore point every Sunday night using the Windows Task Scheduler.
Step 1: Create the XML script
- Start U-Recover and click or tap on the tab Schedule (top).
- Click or tap on Schedule Restore Points.
- Click or tap on Weekly. Set the day to Sunday and the time to run the script (Example: 03:15). Check the box to Wake the computer to run the task (optional).
- Click or tap on Next to continue.
- Select the notification method to alert you if the scheduled task fails. Click or tap on Next to continue.
- When you see the button Create Scheduled Task, stop. Do not click or tap on the button. Instead right-click or long-press and a popup menu will appear. Select Save Settings. U-Recover will write the interview questions to the file C:\Program Files\URecover\URecoverSettings.xml.
- Rename the file URecoverSettings.xml to MakeSysProtTask.xml
Step 2: Run the XML script
To run the script, open an administrative console and type the following:
cd "C:\Program Files\URecover" (If using PowerShell)
cd /d "C:\Program Files\URecover" (If using CMD)
URecover.exe -xml MakeSysProtTask.xml
You can build a CMD file or a PowerShell file with the above commands. When you click or tap on the file, U-Recover will create the scheduled task. The scheduled task will set a weekly restore point every Sunday at 03:15. (If the scheduled task already exists it will be replaced.)
|U-Recover for Previous File Versions|