Mounting a System Image
U-Recover can mount a Windows System Image Backup as a disk letter. The image represents the state of the disk at a particular point in time.
U-Recover will grant you full administrator rights to explore all of the files in the system image. (Without U-Recover, Windows Explorer will not let you view private files users even with administrator rights.)
The system image will be mounted as a disk letter (for example, as E:), allowing you to access the files without using Windows Explorer.
How to Mount a System Image Backup as a Disk Letter
To mount a system image use the following procedure:
- Click or tap on the tab Mount (top).
- Click or tap on Mount System Image.
- Click or tap on the name of the disk volume that contains the system image (for example, F:). If the system image was saved to a network file share, enter the remote path (for example, \\MyServer\MyShare.
- Click or tap on Next.
- You will see a list of available backup images sorted by date. Click or tap on the image(s) that you want to mount.
- If you want to delete the selected backup image(s), click or tap on the button Delete. Warning: You cannot undo this action. Otherwise click or tap on Next to continue.
- Assign an unused disk letter (for example G:). When you are ready click or tap Next.
- U-Recover will announce that it is ready to mount the image. Click or tap on Mount.
It might take a few seconds for the operation to complete. If an error occurs U-Recover will display a message box that explains the reason for the error. Click Ok to dismiss the error message.
Viewing the mounted image
To view the mounted image within Windows Explorer click on View Backup Image.
Keeping the images(s) mounted
The images(s) will remain mounted until you exit U-Recover, at which point they will be automatically dismounted. To keep the image(s) mounted after you quit U-Recover, click or tap on the box Keep the backup images mounted after finish. The images(s) will remain mounted even if you reboot the computer.
To exit U-Recover click or tap on the red X (top right).
Dismounting All Images
To dismount all images click or tap on the tab Dismount. Then click or tap on the button Dismount All Disk Images. This will dismount all of the Windows System Backup images that are mounted.
|U-Recover for Previous File Versions|