Steps for Testing
To copy Active Directory for testing, use the following procedure:
- Install and run U-Move on the source computer. Take a snapshot of Active Directory.
- Prepare the test computer and install U-Move on it.
- Transfer the .BKF file or the backup tape/media to the test computer.
- Run U-Move on the test computer. Load Active Directory into the test computer.
- Fix up DNS settings if necessary.
- Run your tests on Active Directory.
Warning: The test computer must be isolated
Warning: Before doing step 4 make sure that the test computer is isolated from your production network. Otherwise your tests could “leak” over to your real Active Directory via replication.
As a precaution U-Move will scan your network to verify that the source computer is not accessible.
For more information
|U-Move for Active Directory|