Creating a Custom Job
You can script U-Move to run as part of a custom scheduled backup job.
Custom Job Example
The following example creates a custom scheduled job that runs in two steps. The first step runs U-Move to back up Active Directory. The second step copies the resulting .BKF file to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device for offline archival.
To create the custom job do the following:
- Create a scheduled task to run U-Move. When U-Move prompts you to enter the staging folder path, type in desired path (example C:\ADBackup). This step creates the XML file, C:\Program Files\UMove\UMoveScheduled.xml.
- Create your custom job script file MyUMoveJob.cmd.
You can use Notepad (NOTEPAD.EXE) to type in the script:
cd /d "C:\Program Files\UMove"
start "UMove" /wait UMove.exe -sched -xml UMoveScheduled.xml
copy "C:\ADBackup\*.BKF" "\\NAS-Device\Backups\UMove"
- Run the Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc) to create a new custom scheduled task. Set the new custom task to run MyUMoveJob.cmd
- Disable or delete the standard scheduled task that U-Move created.
- Run the new custom scheduled task (MyUMoveJob.cmd)
The Task Scheduler will run MyUMoveJob.cmd and copy the .BKF file to the NAS device.